Monday, January 03, 2005

From Tiny Acorns..........

As I ease into 2005 I have decided to record some thoughts and observations. Most likely this project will result, as most of my projects do, in another nagging reminder that I simply don't follow through with this type of thing.
I ended 2004 by waking up at 11:55PM, throwing on a jacket and climbing up to the roof to watch the fireworks spread along the LV strip. It was a fairly impressive display. I crawled back in bed and went to sleep. How is that for EXCITEMENT in LV on NYE?
Ushered in 2005 by hiking in Calico Basin with Linda. Later that evening we had dinner at Garduno's at the Palms and played poker at the Gold Coast. At least one of us ended up winners.
Worked 8 hours tonight. Where have all the E.O.s gone? Actually, I only worked 6.5 hours with three thirty minute breaks spread throughout the afternoon. By mid afternoon the place was a rockin'. All tables were full and the lists for the low limit games were 30-40 deep-- and it is only Monday. How long can this continue? As house after house opens (or re-opens) their poker rooms you have to wonder when the saturation point will be reached. Of course some "experts" said that LV had too many hotel rooms years ago. Conventional wisdon be damned.
I dealt pocket aces seven times. The first 4 times they went down in flames. The 5th time resulted in an uncalled pre-flop raise, but at least the aces held up. Aces number 6 and 7 were golden....just like they are supposed to be. During my last down of the evening, dealing $2-$5 blind NLH, I dealt a 6 high straight flush. Quads and straight flushes are nice to deal since they result in a "jackpot" of between $50 and $599. This particular hand paid a bonus of $492 in addition to a nice pot. The recipient was appreciative and I skated through the last few minutes of the day on a high note with a handfull of red birds. A nice ending to another day in the green felt jungle.
Out I go into the wet Nevada evening. What an eerie sight with the low hanging clouds tinted green by the emerald glow of the MGM Grand.
I must admit, I love this town.





0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares