Tuesday, May 02, 2006

Three in a row? Somewhere Pigs are Flying


I've somehow managed to put together three consecutive poker wins. Considering the limits, two have been rather large and one was piddly, but hey, a win is a win.
Sunday night found the travelling card party at Treasure Island. This was my first trip to their room and I must say that the surroundings are pleasant. The table felts are quite unusual. The blue one above borders on the spectacular.

At TI we played $3-6 mixed : Crazy Pineapple, Omaha High, Omaha 8, Bagugi, 2-7 Triple Draw, and HE. The dealers/staff, with one exception, seemed eager to accomodate us. The SM even gave us all a free TI Poker Room T-shirt. Nice touch!

We ended up playing 11 handed and there were 7 playing dealers in the group. MGM, Bellagio, Mirage and Palms were represented. In over 4 hours I never witnessed a blind chop. A.C.T.I.O.N. I cashed a $278 win. Sweet!

Yesterday I worked 6.5 hours. Maybe things are looking up? After work and a detour to a keno machine, I jumped into a 4-8 game at the Palms. 90 minutes later I escaped with a $16 win. Even the keno machine saw fit to bestow a mosest win upon me. Sometimes life is good in the desert. And speaking of life in the desert, yesterday the temperature hovered in the mid 90s. It won't be long until it is 115 for weeks at a time. That's when I wonder why ANYONE would live here. During the hotest months air conditioning is your best friend and your electric bill is your enemy.


I have to run. The cards need to be dealt. See you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares