Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Screw the laws of physics


I'm sitting here wondering how it's possible for nostalgia to gather mass.

It's built for a few days until the sheer weight of it threatens to make it impossible to take another breath.

How did this come to pass you ask? Freakin' Facebook, that's how. Well that's mostly how. Contact with a few old friends both via Facebook and other means as well as the holidays approaching have me in a remarkable mood........

My old friend, alcohol (we haven't seen much of each other in ages), will hopefully carry me through until sleep takes over. In this case, it's Leinenkugel's Sunset Wheat. It certainly wasn't Leinie's that I was drinking way back when on Dan's Rock, or up Seldom Scene or at Deep Creek. Back then it was more likely Boone's Farm, Old Milwaukee, Miller Ponies or some similar combination. Back then it was REO Speedwagon on the Realistic under-dash 8-track in the 1968 Galaxie 500. Today it's Reo Speedwagon and other 80's wonders on You Tube.

Sigh.

Memories, take me away!


Hurry, don't be late

I can hardly wait

I said to myself when we're old

We'll go dancing in the dark

Walking through the park

And reminiscing


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares