Sunday, January 09, 2005

Come sail away, come sail away, come sail away with me.

It looks like I will be dealing on my first poker cruise. I have cruised before, but this one should be interesting as I combine work with rest and relaxaion. As an added bonus, I will celebrate a birthday at sea.
Cruise Itinerary
2/10 New York, New York
2/11 At sea
2/12 At Sea
2/13 St. Thomas, US Virgin Islands
2/14 St. John's Antigua
2/15 Bridgetown, Barbados
2/16 Philipsburg, St. Maarten
2/17 Tortola, British Virgin Islands
2/18 At Sea
2/19 At Sea
2/20 New York, New York

Meanwhile, back in the desert, it continues to rain. Monsoon season. Chilly and damp. Someone remind me of this in August when I am bitching about it being 115 very dry degrees for weeks on end.
Had an extremely enjoyable evening last night. Linda and her sister sat out quite a spread of great food. Pork tenderloin w/gravy, grilled whole chickens, grilled salmon, red skin potatoes, corn, beans, green salad, and apple slaw. After dinner we broke out the chips and played poker and pan. Sprinkle in a libation or two and you have a recipe for a memorable night spent with good people. Thanks!

Friday night was memorable for all the wrong reasons. I sat in a very loose/passive $4-8 game around 1AM (actually Sat. morning) and 7 hours later I was licking my wounds from a brutal thrashing. All I could do was shake my head as I lost pot after pot to 2-4 off, 4-5 off 3-6 off etc etc. They played them and chased all the way only to be rewarded with my money. The only consolation is that since they were rewarded, their strategy reinforced, I might get to sit across from them again in the near future. Hopefully by then the horseshoe will have fallen out of their asses.
I finished my weekend with 5 hours of $1-$2 blind NLH at Harrah*s. Ended up winners so all is not lost.
Back in the box at noon tomorrow.


0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares