Sunday, June 19, 2005

Cross this one off of the list of things that I have not seen in a poker room

Tonight, as I was dealing on table 4, I kept hearing strange music. It was not a constant melody. It started and stopped at irregular intervals. With so many different cell phone ring tones available, I assumed that it was simply a cell phone ringing.
NOT!
As I pushed from table 4 to table 5 I again heard the music, but this time I saw where it was originating. I shit you not, the guy in the 7s was playing a ukulele. I seriously wonder what would truly surprise me in a poker room. It is a whole other world.
The uke player was short stacked and only lasted about 5 hands into my down. As he was leaving the table after busting out, I issued my standard "Thanks for Playing". As an afterthough, I added "no pun intended".
Only one player at the table got it. He laughed out loud and looked at me. I just started laughing back at him. The other 8 players just sat there like big lumps and looked at us like we had lost our minds.
Maybe you had to be there...........................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares