Friday, July 08, 2005

And the GROOM wore white satin........

As I was dealing on table 5 I happened to look toward the podium. Standing there was a tall man wearing a full length wedding gown. Moments later he was sitting at table 1 playing $2-4 limit hold'em. I can only imagine that he lost a bet. I didn't ask. He didn't tell. Another "thing I haven't seen in a poker room" crossed off of the list.
**********
On table 6 a hand went to the showdown heads-up. There were 4 hearts on the board. The 4 seat turned over AhXo. The 8 seat turned over the KhXo. I killed the 8s hand, moved the 4s hand out of the way in order to start pushing the pot to the 4s. The 3s literally jumped out of her seat and screached that the Ah high flush won. I calmly told her that I knew that and that is why I killed the hand with the Kh in it. Don't ask me what the 3s was smoking. Don't get me wrong, I appreciate the help while I am in the midst of a brain fart but when the cranial gasses are under control, I can handle it.
**********

Every few years I need someone of superior intelligence to tell me why the United States can't simply adopt an isolationist posture. Recall all of our troops. Notify any US citizen living abroad that as of such and such a date that they are on their own. Seriously defend our borders and the rest of the world be damned. What does the rest of the world have that we truly need? Do we have enough domestic oil reserves for 10 weeks? 10 years? How many oil wells have been capped in this country because it is cheaper to import oil than it is to extract it and refine it domestically. How many inventions which would reduce our need for fossil fuels have been packed in mothballs because of Big Oil? Must all of our consumer goods be made in some third world county by 13 year olds? Could we possibly live without cheap plastic trinkets made in China? I simply don't know.
Sigh.
As I said, I need to be reminded why we can't simply withdraw from the Global Marketplace/Political Stage. If you feel up to it, lay it on me..........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares