Sunday, September 11, 2005

The biggest $4-8 Limit HE pot I ever pushed

At least I think it is the largest. I don't think I would have forgotten a larger one, but anything is possible.
I pushed into the game as the players were jovially telling me to "get him outta here". Him being the previous dealer. I told them to be careful what they asked for......
About the second or third hand I dealt all hell broke loose. I don't even remember who started the raising, but pre-flop $112 dollars went in. Eight way action at $14 a pop. (Our blinds in the $4-8 games are only $1&$2 and we allow a bet and three raises so $14 is a cap). The flop came down 464. $4-$8-$12 cap it at $16. We are now down to 6 players and $96 went in on the flop. The turn brings a 5. For some strange reason, this street didn't get capped, but $8-raise to $16-re-raise to $24. One player dropped out so we now have 5 way action and $120 went in on the turn. For the life of me I can't remember the river card. It had not bearing in any case.....There was a $8 bet with only three callers. Four players went to show down and only $32 went in on the river. The 4 hands that got shown down were: A4, 78, 55 and 66. Pocket sixes, pay the man. Scant the $3 house rake and the $1 high hand rake I pushed $356 in a $4-8 game.
As a side note, after I pushed and pushed and pushed again there was a sizable pile of chips in front of Mr. 66. The table was squaking about the pot size. Mr. 66 asked me how much was in the pot. I stated $360. He stacked for a little bit and took a walk. When he came back to his seat and finished stacking and counting he stated, Murph, I guess you were right. (I later learned that during his walk he told the floor person on the high side about the hand, but quoted a different total for the pot) I asked him why I would lie to him about the pot size???? not knowing at that time that he didn't believe me. I'll either tell you how much was there or tell you that I don't know. I'm not likely to quote you a made up total........Go figure.

I'd like to push a bigger pot tomorrow because it was a fun hand to deal, but I doubt that I'll break that personal record for a long, long time.

1 Comments:

Blogger Wayne Murphy said...

$3

10:00 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares