Sunday, September 11, 2005

Where are you from and what do you do?

These are common questions that I frequently ask players who sit in my game. I have come to realize recently that these questions are not always just small talk. Sometimes it is simply a friendly way of trying to help a new player relax a little. Other times I want this information for my own purposes. If you choose to never cough up a buck or two for my toke box, I just may ask this question so that I can arm myself with some information. I may want this information so that I can avoid endeavors that put bread on YOUR table. YES, the fact that someone is playing in a poker game has a direct impact on maintaining the poker industry as a whole. For that reason, an ass in a seat is an ass in a seat and that ass in a seat has some benefit to the health of the poker industry. (Pun may or may not be intended) On the other hand, no one that I know would continue to deal poker if not for the generosity of the majority of players. You certainly have the liberty to choose where you spend your money, and so do I. Don't expect me to patronize extablishments/endeavors that enrich you if you can't throw me a bone once in awhile.
For what it's worth....................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares