Tuesday, March 28, 2006

Details, details.

One (several) of my pet peeves is dealers who:
1) Can't count 20 chips and put a lammer/spacer between the stacks.
2) Don't put the largest denomination chips in the middle of the rack and work out with lower denominations.
3) Don't get a fill.
4) Don't count their rack.

Several dealers have told me that they like following me in the line-up because they know that the rack will right, neat and full. Great! Now return the courtesy.
It's really not that hard. There are always breaks in the action as someone thinks and thinks and thinks about whether to call $2 whole dollars or not. Utilize this time wisely. Don't use this time to watch the ball game on TV. Really, it's not that hard.

A few nights ago I pushed a dealer that hadn't pushed in a long time. As he was exiting the box I commented " Great, another dealer who doesn't get a fill". His reply? Well, I'm selective in who I get fills for. Now that I know you are pushing me, I will make sure the box is full for you for the rest of your shift. This I'll scratch your back because I know that you will scratch mine is all well and good, but SHIT!! can't everyone just do their job? Sure, there are times that it isn't possible to get a fill. One example would be when you call for one towards the end of your down and it happens to be shift change. The floorpeople/cashiers are counting down the cash and usually don't make transactions until they have finished. Fine, everyone knows that. Other than that, there are few other times when it is excusable.

Yesterday I pushed onto table 8. The box was $40 short. I informed the floor. A little while later the floor brought me $40 to make the box correct. When I got out of the box the floor said he thinks he knows what happened. Apparently Grave shift took over with a $27 shortage (in the bank, not on the tables). Day shift took over $14 UP. Do the math. The bank increased by $41 and the rack on table 8 decreased by $40. This means that almost certainly, a fill was done incorrectly. It would also suggest that every dealer who dealt table 8 on day shift, before I got there, had not counted the rack. There were 7 dealers who preceeded me.
Sometime after Swing shift came on I hit table 1. You guessed it. Table 1 was $17 short. Imagine my surprise when I was told that Swing shift took over with a $17 surplus in the bank.
Granted, these are not huge sums of money. It's still annoying, at least to me.
****

One of our dealers at the Palms is currently on one hell of a run. He went to Reno with the intentions of playing every event. He has finished 1st three times, 3rd, 5th, 8th and 17th. Congratulations Charlie! To see the results via Poker Pages, click here.
With all of the tournaments coming up, it's a great time to be hitting your stride!
****

Today is my Friday. Here's hoping it's short and merciful. See you at the tables.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares