Friday, May 12, 2006

A world beyond poker?

I haven't thought about the possibility in several years. I'm starting to think about starting to think about it.
Things in my little corner of the poker world have slowed to a crawl. Not "I'm panicing" slow, but not far from it. People who have been around the poker world for eons, including Linda, are encouraging calm. It ebbs and flows, they say. Bring on the deluge, I say.
Our new poker room manager is settling in. He says he has ideas and there was a major pow-wow of the SMs. I'm trying to stay optimistic, but I want to see results yesterday. Unrealistic, I know, but it's my story........
The word was that the schedule dated 5/17 would show major scheduling changes. That schedule is up with little, if any modifications. Today I first glimpsed a memo asking the full time staff if they wanted to reduce their schedule to 4 days a week. HUH? Uh, NO! Thank you very much. Give me 5 days with some semblance of hope of working more than 5 hours on each of those days, ok? Is that really asking too much? Perhaps it is. Time will tell.

On a happier note, I have now booked 5 poker wins in a row. Some big, some small, but I'll take them.
I have everything set, including plane tickets for the Alaska cruise in July. Only one minor detail remains and everything will be set for the Aruba trip in Sept/Oct. Both of these are contingent, I suppose, on getting the time off of work. The entire procedure for requesting time off has changed with the new management. Sigh.

And from the BEYOND RIDICULOUS file:
Southwest Gas, in it's benevolence, has seen fit to reduce gas rates...by a whopping .02% avaeraged across all customer classes. Care to guess which class I am in? Lucky me, my rate stays the same.
If only the rate increases were this miniscule. Why bother?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares