Saturday, July 22, 2006

North to Alaska

As is typical I've run out of time.

I need to be at the airport around 5am on Sunday. I haven't packed yet and I have to work 1-9pm today. Looks like a sleepless-before-Seattle night.

The Norwegian Star sails from Seattle. Scheduled highlights of the cruise are the Inside Passage, Juneau, Skagway, Glacier Bay, Ketchikan and Victoria BC. I'm sure that somewhere in there we'll fit in a whole lot of poker. After all, it is a poker cruise.

From past experience the poker players on a poker cruise are slightly more relaxed than your typical B&M player.

It's a working vacation, but I plan to work as little as possible.

*****

For unknown reasons it appears that the Palms is hiring poker dealers. All the talk of reducing hours for the extra board seems to be just talk. Many of them have been getting four days. A few full timers have been scheduled 6 days. Go figure.
I do have to wonder/worry what happens when the WSOP ends and thousands of poker players exit LV.

*****
Here's a recent hand of $2-5 blind NL HE that I dealt.
10s button.
3s $10 live straddle.
4s makes it $125
5s makes it $500
6s-9s fold.
10s goes into the tank....for....a.....LONG....time. (he has KK and has shown them to me)
10 finally pushes all-in for $1,600.

I would like to think that I would have EASILY folded the KK in this situation. I have nothing invested and the 5s $500 is screaming AA.
Everyone else folds and the 5s calls and turns over, wait for it.........AA
The board is all blanks and the aces hold up.

Without knowing the playing style of anyone involved, what would YOU do?

******

I finally broke down and bought a car.
My old 1997 Buick LeSabre Limited served it's purpose well. She had nearly 108,000 miles on her and needed a rest. Actually, she needed an oil change and some freon (oh whatever that stuff is called these days). Rather than spend the money on the oil change and freon it was just as easy to trade it in. I debated keeping it as a second car, but did I really need two cars?
I got a whole $2,500 in trade. Maybe I should have just kept it.
I hope this one last 9 years too.

As for financing, the best the dealership could come up with was 7.75%. When I visited my insurance agent to make the switch, they mentioned that State Farm Bank writes auto loans. They came in at 6.54% and picked up some business.

I had no idea what my credit score would be. It came back as 808. Aparently that's a good thing.

Bon Voyage. I'll be back in a week or so.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares