Saturday, June 17, 2006

Shared Responsibility

Last Thursday I played poker at Wynn. I lost a little more than a rack of chips. Blue chips, but still. It's just a temporary set back, right? 12 wins in 14 outings...and counting.

While on one of my many smoke breaks during the Wynn session I ran into Mr.B. He used to play at the Palms daily. I asked how he was doing and mentioned that I hadn't seen him for awhile. He proceded to tell me the story of why he doesn't play at the Palms anymore.
In a nut shell:
He was playing NL
He had AA
He won the pot
He is convinced that the loser of the pot snatched a few red chips before the pot was pushed.

HE DID NOT SAY ANYTHING AT THE TIME. NOT TO THE DEALER OR TO THE FLOOR PERSON.

He just did nothing except decide to not play poker there anymore.

I told him that he HAS to say something right then. Right now.
Yes, the dealer is responsible for making sure that this does not happen.....BUT as a player you also have a responsibility for protecting your hand and your money.
When I asked him why he hadn't said anything he said that the "dealer is insecure and he didn't want to cause a scene."
WHAT??

The (allegedly) guilty player needs to be exposed. To be barred. To be made a fool of. Flocks of locust need to descend upon her and feast on her eye balls. Too dramatic for you? Tough.

To just let it happen is not an option in my opinion.

******

I stumbled upon this review of our poker room.
It's quite complimentary. Thanks for the props!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares