Friday, January 14, 2005

Off in the not-so-distant distance......

there will be 40 poker tables at my place of work. I've heard that we will be helping to accomodate the overflow from the RIO during the WSOP. I don't look forward to dealing satellites. Hopefully we (regular employees) can just deal the ring games and they will bring in dealers to deal the satellites. Where all of these dealers will come from is anyone's guess. If you have ever harbored a desire to deal poker in LV, now would be the time to take that leap of faith. I've heard that after the Series we will shrink back down to 16 permanent tables. Six more than our current 10.

I'm more than a little frustrated with poker right now. For some reason I have struggled for two nights in a row. Who the hell knows where my mind has been but it sure has not been situated squarely inside my skull. Stupid mistakes and indifference have moved in and taken control and I am not at all happy about it. As I ended my shift last night (1 hr OT-- I must have deserved an extra hour of torment) I wondered if I even cared if I saw the inside of a card room ever again. Silly boy! Of course you will. You'll spend a good portion of your three day weekend firmly planted in a chair at a poker table. Maybe I'll try the $6-12 or $10-20 at the Mirage or the NL games at the Aladdin. Who knows.
The $10-25 blind NL game min $1000Buy at our house is being spread with more regularity. Joe A. seems to be the catalyst. Last weekend a fairly famous football player was apparently the center of attention in this game. I don't really have any other details.

Tomorrow is my little sister's birthday. She'll be 35. Is that even possible? Happy Birthday Deb. Love & miss you kiddo!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares