Thursday, February 03, 2005

Damn, Damn, Damn

I fell off of the No-Slot-Machine-Wagon on my way home from work tonight.The landing was quite rough and I will likely have bumps and bruises for weeks to come. The good news is that I was on that particular jitney for two months and two days.
Work pretty much sucked tonight. I drew the wrong card and started out on break-four. That meant that I only got one trip through our high-side. We had three games going on the high side when I finally got there. Two, count them, TWO minutes after I pushed into my first game on the high side, another game was started BEHIND me. It sucked to be me.
As I was dealing table 9, a HUGE commotion broke out on table 8. As I understand it, the action was down to heads-up and the pot was gigantic. As one of the players was pushing the rest of his chips into the pot, his cards disappeared into the muck. The dealer mucked them. On one hand, the bottom line is that a player MUST protect his cards at all times.......on the other hand, with the action heads-up, it takes a mighty big brain-fart for a dealer to muck one of the hands. I felt bad for the player and the dealer, but I was thanking the card imps that I was NOT in the middle of that DRAMA. The game that I was dealing went from 10 handed to 4 handed as the curious just couldn't resist the urge to gawk at the road kill at the next table. The player with the disappearing cards went just south of ballistic. The cardroom manager as well as security were dispatched to the scene of the crime. As it turns out, the player was SOL because he did not protect his hand. That is a very expensive lesson. A lesson that every poker will learn the hard way sooner or later.

The birth certificate is no where to be found. One is to be second-dayed from Maryland. Hope it gets here in time.

No work until Sunday. Yes, SUPER Sunday. It should be a zoo....or a circus....or a psych ward...or all of the above.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares