Sunday, March 13, 2005

Long time, no post!

As I suspected, I have not been diligent in posting. So much has happened in the last few weeks.
Work today was less than ideal. When I got to work there were 4 games and 9 dealers. For some reason known only to the aliens at area 51, the shift manager did not want to allow any of the dealers to go home. Similarly, he did not want any of us to actually play until there was a need for us to deal. Up and down, up and down. For those who don't know what that means, it means that we dealt for 30 minutes and took a 30 minute break, lather..rinse..repeat. Basically, it sucks and it makes it nearly impossible to make decent money.
At some point early in my shift I was dealing a $2-4 LHE game. Two players called the $2 BB, the SB folded and the BB checked. The flop came TT7. BB checks, player two bets out while BEGGING for a call. "PLEASE call me" he repeats several times. Late position folds, BB folds and the guy turns over pocket tens. He flopped quads and won a $7 pot. Had he gotten one of the folders to call he would have won $133 for the high hand jackpot. Our high hand jackpots require that both hole cards play and that there is $10 worth of called bets. Discussion of the hand or the possibility of there being a high hand (quads or straight flush) could disqualify the jackpot, so many locals have adopted the code words "how much is in the pot" as a clue that someone should call them. I guess none of the players knew this in advance, so for the want of a $2 call, no JP.
*************
About a week and a half ago I had three friends come into town. A day later, Will, the brother that I never had, arrived. The next day, a mutual friend of Will and I stopped in town for a night. You guessed it. Tour-guide-city. By last Monday, everyone had gone back to where they came from and I was left feeling slightly guilty that I had not spent enough time with any of them. There are only so many hours in the day.
**************
Tonight at work I heard that due to the tournament at the Rio there were no live games being spread there. They don't have enough room! As I understand it, once the tourney tables start breaking, they start spreading sats for the next day's events. It should be REALLY interesting to see how they handle the WSOP when that time rolls around. I think that the numbers being thrown around suggest that there may be 5,000 players in the main NL event.
***************
Also at work today, a player who had just won a pot asked me if he had given me anything. This is not an uncommon question. I always answer truthfully. I said no, sir, you did not. End of story. Even after asking and being answered in the negative, he still didn't give me anything. Go figure! lol
***************

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares