Friday, October 28, 2005

The black towel and the annoying dealer.

I am starting to wonder if I have had a stroke (cerebral accident....what a way to describe a stroke..... Of COURSE it was an accident.......who would have one on purpose???)
My thoughts have been disjointed and certainly this post could have been combined with the last two had my thoughts been more organized. Alas, they have not been, so voila, three posts in rapid succession. As I made my way to the bathroom a few minutes ago I noticed a towel that I have had for over 5 years. The damn thing has always been navy blue but now it looks black?!? Hmmmm, maybe I DID have a stroke......
Anyway, I just remembered a delaer from last night at Wynn. I was seated beside Brandy who plays regularly at the Palms. The dealer, while waiting for the 9 seat to act blurts out "Pump it or dump it!". I looked at Brandy and told her that if I EVER uttered those words from the box that she was free, and encouraged, to slap me right then and there. The dealer then, while dropping the deck, sent them to the table in the accordion fashion. I again gave Brandy permission to strike me should I ever do that. The next annoying thing that he did was to sing out "raise it UP". Well DUH, can you raise it DOWN?? I didn't think so. Again, I implored her to hurt me should I ever be so afflicted. The icing on the proverbial cake happened while Brandy and I were heads-up. We were checking it all the way (which I don't particularly like, but she is a customer of mine and it seemed like the thing to do at the time since I told her to bet her hand and she refused by saying that she wouldn't do that to me.) In any case, when the dealer was ready to put up the river card, he placed it, face down, in front of the 8 seat and let the 8s turn the card over. This should have caused me to call the floor, but instead I just begged Brandy to bitch slap me HARD if I EVER asked a player to put up the river card for me. Four strikes and you are out, dude. Pretty unbelievable as I see it.



And now a rant about the players on table 19 last night. When I sat down there was a rack of chips, some loose chips and a players card, but no player, in the 6s. This lady had stated that she was going to the 7:30 show. The dealer had told her that the show was 90 minutes long and that she would likely be picked-up before she returned. The lady said she didn't care and off she went. Several players went into a tizzy and demanded that her chips be removed so someone else could sit down. The floor informed them that there was no list. They couldn't seem to understand that there was no one waiting to take that seat, so there was absolutely no reason to pick her up. These guys went on and on and on about how it was not fair to tie up a seat that long. Earth to dimwits! THERE IS NO LIST! Get over it for chisssakes. Twenty minutes later they were still bemoaning the injustice of it all when I took a table change. But let's back up a few minutes here. Earlier, I had asked to change tables so that I could be at the same table as Brandy. Both her table and mine had a couple of empty seats, so I knew it would take another player wanting in the game before I could move. I wasn't paying much attention to the empty seat situation, but Brandy came over and told me that I could move, per the nice floor lady. I started to rack up when the players stated that "she (Brandy) doesn't run the card room" and asked the dealer to call the floor. The floor indeed told me I could now move. They were still fretting about their lot in life, I guess, and as I left I told them that the lady who DOES run the card room told me I could move NOW, so I was moving. They are probably still sitting there in a puddle of their own lament............

I'm going to go take another look at my blue/black towel.

It's navy blue and all is right with my world..................

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares