Sunday, November 20, 2005

It took 2 years and 14 days for

a player to blatently call me a c*ck sucker.
Of course there have been many times when a player has lost a pot and mumbled some derogatory remarks about me simply because they lost a pot. I typically take it in stride and don't even give them the satisfaction of knowing that I even heard what they were mumbling. Today was an exception.
Drunk guy in the 5 seat of a $2-5 blind NL HE game had been steadily giving his chips away even before I entered the box. Shortly after I sat down he was again digging in his pocket for money. This time he was only able to produce $85 which he added to his stack of about $15 dollars. The fact that he was down to pulling out $5 bills told me that he was NOT going to be doing any additional buys. (Yes, I take this into consideration when a player is being obnoxious. If he is being the King of the Donkeys and obviously has the potential for several more re-buys, I tend to give him some lattitude in his squalor. I can stand a little of the dip-shits heat if it means he will be giving away a considerable amount of his money. Shame on me, I suppose, but that is just the way it is.) In any case, Drunk/Obnoxious Guy is down to his last few dollars when he begins mumbling a string of profanities. No big deal, really, until I hear C#ck Sucker. I was in the process of dealing the next hand when I halted, looked directly at the guy, and stated, "Sir, you can NOT call me a C&ck Sucker. I continued to deal and after delivering the last hole card I looked back at him and stated that that was his first warning. No second warning was needed as he lost all his chips on that hand. In hind sight it was pretty funny. If I had it within my power, these types of players would NEVER stack a pot. Alas, it is beyond my control, which is specifically why it is silly to blame me for your misfortune (read stupidity)
I wonder if Reader's Digest would publish this as one of their "All in a day's work" articles.........
**************
In our little, humble room it is rare for a game over $2/5 blind no limit to break out. Break out indeed. Today a $10-20 blind NLgame erupted. Typically, these games burn themselves out quickly. Today was an exception. When I left work the game had been in progress for about 9 hours and it showed no signs of breaking any time soon. The guy in the 4s had been playing since before I got to work and when I left he had about $14,000 in front of him. I had never seen the guy before. I got to deal that game twice and it was a nice break from our typical lower limit games. During one down some of the players were debating whether to turn it into a pot limit Omaha game....... Since I only regularly deal all hold'em all the time, I was actually hoping that it would turn into an Omaha game. In just over two years, I have only dealt Omaha twice. If variety is the spice of life, I ain't living much in the way of dealing various forms of poker.
*************
I just returned from the Saturday night ritual of cards/booze/food at Linda's. She hinted that tonight may be the end of the line for this tradition. I'll leave it to her to reveal the reasons behind this "end of an era". In case this was indeed the last of the card parties at Linda's, I brought a few bottles of Martini & Rossi Asti. As the bubbly was passed around, I told Linda that she had to make her own toast. She simpy stated "To Me" and we drank.
Linda, you know that I wish you the best. I thank you for welcoming me into you home, for your friendship and for your love.
And if tonight was the end...................I WON THE LAST HAND

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares