Wednesday, November 09, 2005

Sir, I'll take your word for it this time?!?

I've let some time pass between an incident and this post for a reason. I wanted to make sure that I was not writing from pure emotion. In any case, let's go back a few weeks to the time period of the World Deaf Poker Tournament. A day or so before the tournament I was dealing to a kid who happened to be deaf and was in town for the tournament. I had dealt to him on table 1 and had pushed him a few pots. Airballs. No big deal really. Later I dealt to him on table 4. Again I pushed him a few pots. Around about pot #3 he dug into his pocket and threw three nickels to me. No, not three RED nickels, three 5 cent nickels. I've tried repeatedly to rationalize this. I can't. For the life of me I can't think of ANY reason to do this except as an attempted insult? Was I rude to you? NO! Did I make mistakes while dealing to you? NO! Well guess what Mr. 15 cents? I feel sorry for YOU. Not because you have been deprived of your hearing, but because you have been deprived of common decency. Have a nice life, kid.

*********
Here comes Murph, the best BLIND dealer in town. Not blind as in another disability. Blind as in not looking at your cards....
Jeremy, one of our grave dealers, often plays when he gets off of work. Routinely he is still playing when I come to work at 1PM. He talks incessantly, fueled by Red Bull (sometimes straight Red Bull, sometimes Red Bull & Vokda). Usually, the entire table is on tilt because of Jeremy. How an entire table can remain on tilt for hours on end is amazing in and of itself. The first 5 or 6 hands of my down Jeremy will play blind. He'll raise every chance he gets and comment on each board card. He'll repeated state that "Murph is the best blind dealer in town". It is hilarious to witness and I struggle to keep a straight face. I can't count the number of times he has taken down pots because everyone has folded to his blind bets or raises. Yesterday was no exception. He played/raised blindly and won three big pots the first three hands I dealt. He had the kill button when I sat down, so he had won at least the last two hands of the previous dealer. He lost the next hand and proceeded to win the next two. Then he started looking at his hole cards and I don't think he won another pot during my down.
Jeremy, thanks for the giggles.

*********

Another incident that I have had on ice since Saturday..........
I was dealing a $2-4 limit game on table 4. The older guy in the 8 seat posted his BB, glanced at his cards and tossed them toward the muck (folded out of turn) and took a walk. On the next hand, I tossed a "missed small blind" button in front of his stack and the game went on. Irene in the 7 seat had the button twice because of his exit. A few hands later, he returned to his seat while a hand was in progress. He sat down and tossed the button toward me. I placed it back in front of his stack while continuing the current hand. He tossed it back to me and I left it in front of my rack. When the hand was complete I tossed it back to him and stated that he had missed his small blind. He emphatically claimed that he had not missed his small blind. Getting no where with him I called for a decision. While waiting for the floorman, Irene tried to give him a dollar to shut him up. The whole table knew I was right. The floorman showed up and I explained the situation, stating that there had been a dead button and that I had announced the dead button etc. etc.
The floorman's decision was, get ready for this....... " Sir, I'll take your word for it this time"!!!????!!!??? Well what about MY word? Do you think I throw around missed blind butons for shits and grins? I was pissed, to say the least, but I simply stated Thank You to the floorman and dealt the hand. The player in the 3s was still arguing with the 8s and telling him that he was wrong. I told the 3s thanks, but asked him to let it go, it was over.....
By the time I finished my string, the floorman had left for the day. Yesterday was the first time that I saw him since the incident. I asked him if he could tell me what his thought process was during that situation. He stated that he was busy, that I was probably right, and left it at that.
Big frustrated sigh.

***********

On Saturday night I got an EO and made it to Linda's in time to play in a $20 buy-in, half 7 stud/half 7 stud 8ob tournament. Much to my surprise when it got down to heads-up, I was in the chip lead with about a 3/1 advantage. Viv and I decided to save time and not to play it out. We did, however, play a hand face up for the title. My hand scooped it.

***********

A week or so ago I was playing Chinese on Superior. We were three handed and one of the players showed that they had timed out. Sweet, right? Nope. The timed out hand was awarded a bunch of money. WTF? I jotted down the hand number and emailed support. Their response was that there was a software glitch and that the player had indeed submitted a natural hand. I looked at the hand history, but was unable to determine what cards the "winning" player had because their cards were displayed face down and there were 13 cards that were not dealt.
A few days later it happened again. This time it was 4 handed so I was able to determine, via hand history, that the player who showed "timed out" but submitted a natural indeed had three straights. I'd had enough in any case. I cashed out a whole $53 from Superior.

I then deposited $50 on Lucky Nugget. I know, I know, I'm freaking nuts (SICK!) for playing slots online. Who could imagine me running $50 into a little over $1,000? That's a lot of pennies, folks. Not to worry, I burned off most of those pennies, but I did cash out a few hundred. By the way, the name of this particular slot game is pretty clever. Pollen Nation. The symbols are worker bees, queen bees, bees wax, etc. Pollen Nation, get it?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares