Sunday, December 11, 2005

Random Thoughts

During the Lederer Fantasy/Reality Camp, Robert Thompson kept referring to Clonie G. as Clowie. As an example, he would announce "Clowie to table 27 please". She was annoyed, but instead of simply telling him that he was pronouncing her name wrong, she asked Theresa, the SNG coordinator to tell him that her name was CLO_-KNEE CLO-KNEE. She (Theresa) did (tell him) but he continued to refer to her as Clowie. It was funny in a sick way.

During the camp, I only ran into one person who was slightly difficult. He was an older gentleman who questioned a raise. It went something like this. Blinds were 25-50. A few players folded. The older man raised to 100. A few more folded. The guy in the cut-off said raise and put out a $100 chip. Pretty standard except that he thought that he was raising it to $100. I told him that it had already been raised to $100 and that the $100 chip he had put out was the call, but he still needed to raise. he put out $300 more. The older guy went nuts. I immediately called the floor. The floor agreed that the cut off could make it $400 total (or any other amount up to and including all in). The older guy was miffed at me for calling the floor. I tried to explain to him that a dealer should not be making decisions from the box. My inital "ruling" was that it was now a total of $400. He didn't agree. What did he want me to do except call the floor?
If I wanted to be a floorman, I would be a floorman. I don't, so I'm not.

Also during the camp, on Friday, as Phil G. was leaving for the day he walked around to all of the tables and was telling everyone goodbye. When he stopped by the table that I was dealing, a kid (to me anyone under 30 is a kid and it is not intended as an insult) in the 9s decided that he wanted to rashambo with Phil. Phil agreed that they would play for $100 two out of three. The kid stood up. First try, Phil won. Before the second try, Phil told the kid that he was going to go with rock. The kid went with scissors. Phil indeed went with rock just as he said he would. Phil grabbed the bill and headed out the door. The kid was amazed that Phil told him exactly what he was going to do and did it.
I have no desire to play this game with Phil G.

I have no details, but yesterday morning there was a fight in the no limit poker room at work. It was supposedly complete with lots of blood and flying chips. I don't regret not having been in the box for that show.


The Palms has added poker room give-aways on Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday nights. Once an hour from 6-10PM a table and seat number is drawn. If you are in that seat, you win between $100 and $500.
We are still running the Sunday and Monday night football promotions. Every time a team scores a touchdown or field goal, a table/seat number is drawn and the person in that seat wins between $100-500. At least ten drawing per night. If there are less than 10 scores, a drawing is conducted every 30 minutes after the game until there have been 10 drawings. We have 10 tables, so you have a 1 in 10 chance of scoring at least $100.

The tables await. I have to go shuffle up and deal. Hope to see you there.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares