Tuesday, February 28, 2006

No habla espanol

6.5 hours seems to be my standard shift lately. On Monday I had the chance to clock out after only 5 hours, but I chose to pull rank and send an extra board dealer home early. I feel just a touch of gulit for doing that since the extra board dealers are only getting 3 days a week, BUT I have expensive habits. So be it.
After I clocked out, two games started within minutes. I jumped into the 4th $4-8 limit game (unusual in that we typically only have 3 games at this limit). I only bought in for a rack when my usual M.O. is to put two racks in play. I pissed away about 60 chips before going on a nice run and finished, in 2 hours, nearly 2 racks in the black. This is something I really need to do more often. Book a win when possible. Too often I find myself up a rack or so and then continue to play until I am in the red. **mental note: booking a win is good for the soul and the roll**

Headed to Gold Coast with Jules and Mark for some grub. Once again, Chinese food. Ping Pang Pong has decent food but I would say that Chang's at Palace Station is better. Additionally, there seemed to be a strange communication problem. At least 7 different restaurant employees stopped at our table to see how things were going and I would guess that 6 of them had very little understanding of what we were saying to them. Perhaps my biggest complaint was that soda refills were not free. Give me a break. Soda fountain drinks cost pennies per serving and considering that the glasses were small I don't think that a free refill is too much to ask. On the positive side, I used comps. It's hard to beat "free".

At the risk of sounding like an arrogant (caucasian) american...........
I received a mailing from Bank of America. I can only assume that it was some type of junk mail. I'll have to make that assumption since it was entirely in Spanish. Maybe having the last name of Murphy made them think that I was fluent in Spanish. I've saved this piece of mail and I intend to cart it with me on my next trip to the bank. I may just make an ass of myself and pitch a bitch. I realize that it wasn't that long ago that Las Vegas was Mexican territory but unfortunately I don't speak the language and I don't think that it is too much to ask that they send me my junk mail written in English.
*****
On Monday night I made one diamond flush which gave me one entry into the Palms Diamonds are Forever drawing. There are 10 $100 winners per day, Monday through Friday(entries are earned Sunday through Thursday)
As I arrived for work Tuesday afternoon I noticed that my name had been drawn. I got into the box $100 richer and knowing that I had a "freeroll" buy-in for after work poker playing.
I only worked 3.5 hours before I jumped out of the line-up and into a game. I honestly tried to play my best donkey poker. I played all kinds of hands. I couldn't give my money away. I played for 5.5 hours without getting all-in and never being more than $60 winner. More than once I let that table know that I was free-rolling and was liable to have ATC. I cashed out a $1.50 loser. One whole dollar and 50 cents. It's not a strategy that I can recommend for every day use, but it is a lot more fun to play a large percentage of your hands. For the most part, rivered flushes kept me in the game.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares