Wednesday, January 25, 2006

85 days.........and starting over

My extra day off began late as the alarm clock was not utilized. When I finally got out of bed I headed to the Bose store for some speakers. With the new speakers safely tucked into the trunk I proceeded to South Coast for some free play and a free reuben. As far as reubens go I would give this one an 8. With one craving satisfied I planted myself at the PaiGow table. Considering that I was playing $20 per hand the outcome was less than brutal. -$36 as I headed home to unbox and set up the speakers. I'm quite satisfied with the sound quality but I wonder how long it will take my neighbors to mount the assault on Casa Murph. I like it a little loud.
It was now time to hit Bellagio and play some cards. When I arrived I scanned the room but didn't see Linda in the box. She was out-to-play and it only took me about 5 minutes to be seated by her side. The game was a good one with several people having no clue and others begging someone to take their money. One player was stuck either $800 or $900 in a $4-8 limit game. Yikes. Of course I couldn't get any of the chips that were flying across the felt. Several hours later I was stuck 1.25 racks of the little blue pieces of clay when Linda found the escape hatch. I believe that she booked a nice win. We then headed next door to check out the action at Caesars. They had about 12 games running. This was my second visit to the Caesars room and I have yet to play a hand there. Linda was itching to play keno machines so we headed to the Gold Coast. My plan was to just watch her play since I had given up on the machines some 85 days ago and had no intention of falling off of the smart cart. No matter how good the company, watching someone else play machines is not exactly fun. It didn't take long for Linda to ram a $20 in the machine I was sitting in front of. I was off and running. I'm guessing that we played for abour 2 hours before we decided to eat. Steak & Eggs on grave at the Gold Coast is $3.45 and is one of the best values in town. It is consistently good and this visit didn't stray from that norm. By now it is 3:30AM as we marched, like chickens to the chopping block, back to the keno machines. Somewhere around 5AM we gave up, tallied the losses and parted company. The Cox service man was to be here between 8-10 AM. My "high speed" is only at 12Mb and the I wanted to find out why. I taped a note to the door asking the repair man to KNOCK LOUDLY PLEASE and crawled on the couch. I awoke around noon to see that I had a voice mail. It was the Cox dispatcher saying that their representative was at the gate but didn't have the access code so they were cancelling my appointment. I called Cox to reschedule. What a joke. I was put on hold, transfered to someone in Utah, then Hampton Roads Virginia, then cut off. I called back and talked to someone in Ohio who tried to transfer me to the Las Vegas office. Cut off. I called again and actually, miracle of miracles, got a real-live person in Las Vegas. This nice person was trying to reschedule my service appointment when Sprint dropped my call. Sigh. I called Sprint to complain as this has been happening a lot lately. Not only dropped calls, but people trying to call me have gotten an all circuits busy message. The nice Sprint rep bluntly told me that I shouldn't waste my money if the Sprint coverage in my area was intermittent. Well at least she was honest. I'll be switching phone service soon.
I feel the slightest urge to go get my money back from the machines. After all, tomorrow is another day..Day #1 in my slot boycott. As for the remainder of today all bets are off.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares