Monday, April 03, 2006

Where was #3 AGAIN?


Less than 72 hours after the last Keno jackpot I, again, hit 8/9. Once again #3 refused to rear it's head. The difference between what you see and what you see PLUS #3 is $3,487.50. Sigh.
I hit this one about 15 minutes before I had to start work. Consequently, I didn't have much interest in dealing. I did muddle through for 3 hours before getting the EO. I only dealt for 2 of those three hours, but I managed to encounter an "issue" in those two short hours. A problem child that I have written about before again showed his ass, so to speak. He was folding as soon as he looked at his cards, regardless of whether the action was on him or not. He wasn't tossing his cards toward the muck, he was just pushing them a few inches toward the center of the table and leaving them there, unprotected. I've asked and asked him to wait his turn. For the umpteenth time I asked him not to fold out of turn. Not an unreasonable request. His response, on the next hand was to wait his turn and then to launch them into orbit with one of the cards flipping over and the other one landing on the edge of the table. In retrospect I should have knocked it another inch or two onto the floor. I just glared at him. The next hand he propelled the cards into my hand. I sternly told him to NOT throw the cards at me while calling the floorman. I then got pushed and left him to wallow in his own "happiness". An hour later he cornered me and apologized. "I'll be good, Murph, I promise. I simply said "Don't make promises" and walked away. What I left out was the part about not making promises that you have NO INTENTION of keeping.
I later giggled my way through a $2/5 blind NL game. The lady in the 4s was "affected by the alcohol" and kept telling the man in the 3s how she would have KILLED him and any of his friends in her younger years. She wasn't indicating that she was a murderess, but rather that her sexual skills were too much for any two men to handle. This, sprinked with other innuendo and less than subtle comments had the 3s all "hot and bothered". I still don't know if the 3s and4s were a couple or not. At times I though that they knew each other and other times it seemed as if they had just met. She was relentless and I was amused. It wasn't your typical 30 minutes in the box.
*****
Saturday after work I headed to the Tuscany to meet up with the Saturday Night Card Party group. I hadn't been to Tuscany since they opened their room. It is located just inside the front doors to the right where the lounge used to be. During the conversion, they didn't remove the bar. Maybe it will again become a lounge if/when the poker room closes. There was no bartender/liquor, but the physical bar was still there and smoking was allowed at the "bar" which was about 3 feet from one of their 5 tables. When I arrived, there was only one game in progress. It was a $3/6 limit game and I jumped on the list. The game was spirited and despite being up over a rack, I escaped with a $1 win. Hey, it's a win in any case. After cashing out, Linda and I hit the keno machines. The machines were kind....to me at least.
After adjusting for the time change I got home at 4AM and wondered if I would wake up in time for work. I did.
*****
Tonight after work/machines I headed to Ellis Island for their $4.95 steak special. I have probably had this special 40 or so times. Each and every time the steak has been very good. Tonight was the exception. Not that it was horrible, but it was a little on the tough side. It's hard to complain when it is priced so cheaply, but with their excellent track record I was a little disappointed. I'll give them another chance in the near future. Everyone is entitled to an off day once in awhile.
******
One more day of work and then I head to Maryland for a family visit. It seems that you can go home again......if only for a week.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares