Sunday, May 28, 2006

Sister Act #3


There is a first time for everything, and today, this was a first for me.

A nun at the Palms!!?? Holy He!!

Maybe she took a minute to bless the poker room. If so, thank you, Sister!

It was deja vu all over again. Just like old times. We were busy. The action was fast and furious. The money was flowing into the toke box. Not just the run of the mill blue chips, but red birds were flying right into the little black bird house hanging by my side. I pichched myself. It wasn't a dream. 7 hours with only one break. No sitting dead spreads. Hallelujah! Maybe I can arrange for Memorial Day weekend to be celebrated 52 weeks a year.

I'm sure the half a million or so visitors to our humble little dot on the map are disappointed that it isn't 120 degrees, but screw them. Saturday and Sunday are/were forcasted to be in the mid 80s. Heaven on earth. If only the wind wasn't blowing 50 miles per hour. Too much to ask, I suppose.

Last Tuesday on one of my breaks I wandered past a lady sitting at a 100 Play poker machine. She was waiting for a jackpot pay-off. She was playing quarters and had it maxed out. A cool $125 PER SPIN. Lightening struck. She was dealt a diamond royal. $100,000. About 4 hours later she was still sitting there and was still playing $125 per spin. I shudder to think how much she gave back. And I thought I was S.I.C.K. I pale in comparison.

The 4 or 5 of you who actually read this drivel shall act as my witnesses. I WILL NOT play machines during the month of June. It is beyond silly how these contraptions have taken over my life. I'm reminded of my late grandmother telling me that I work too hard for my money to throw it away in a machine. This was a long time ago when made considerably less money, but even then a large portion of my money went into machines. There is no beating them. I know it. I really do. Honest, I do. Why do I do it?

Because I'm stupid and can't stand to have a nest egg accumulating in a piggy bank. How's that for a reality check? There are other reasons, but it would take a head shrinker the better part of forever to dig into all the other reasons.

On the bright side, the poker playing has been good lately. I'm currently on a 8/9 win streak. The piddly $5.50 loss at Sam's Town is immaterial. It's not quite as fun playing seriously, but winning IS fun in it's own little way. Here's to winning poker and busy poker rooms the world over.

Cheers!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares