Sunday, August 06, 2006

Mama said there'd be days like this.

If every work day was like today, I would have quit yesterday.

When my day starts with "first break" I know it's usually all down hill from there. First break simply means that I get to take a 30 minute break before I deal my first hand. Typically this is caused by too many dealers and not enough games. That was indeed the case today. First break lead into up and downs. Deal 30 minutes, take a 30 minute break. Wash, rinse and repeat.

It's no fun to be a dealer when this occurs.

Ironically, many of the full time dealers have decided that we need to endure this in order to drive home the fact that we have too many dealers in comparison to our level of business. When we, as full time dealers, choose to take an EO instead of suffering through the up and downs, we, in effect, let the schedule maker off of the hook. We voluntarily reduce payroll which allows the true situation to be ignored. There are many days when there are enough scheduled dealers to staff a room running at full capacity. Unfortunately, there aren't many days when all tables are up and running. On at least one occasion the number of scheduled dealers must have assumed that we would have 13 tables in operation. The major problem with this scenario is that we only have 10 tables.

You do have to wonder................



Today I had the distinct pleasure (insert heavy sarcasm here) of dealing to a 2006 WSOP bracelet winner who hadn't played in our room for a few months. Some things never change. One of those things being said bracelet winners tendency to shoot any and all angles. Twice today he tried to take back money while I was dealing. He had raised and was reraised. By the time the action got back around to him, his raise was sitting back in his stack of chips. I learned a long time ago that I had to watch him like the proverbial hawk. You would think by now that he knows that I know how he operates. It's his only MO and I guess he can't turn it on and off.

What makes me want to puke is that his behavior is well known, but he is still allowed to frequent poker rooms around town. I'm quite sure that he has tricks that are older than me, but I do try my best to thwart his every attempt. It's a sick sort of game and it's not pretty. It is what it is I suppose.

It is interesting to note that aparently winning a bracelet means that you no longer feel compelled to toke. It must be an unwritten rule. Win a few hundred grand and start stiffing the dealers.

Nice.

NOT!




Our Aces Cracked promotion has met an untimely end. It appears that the term "Aces Cracked" is governed by some trade mark/service mark/copyright issues. Rather than debate the point, we've discontinued the promotion.

As compensation, our "splash the pot with $50" promotion as been expanded to once per hour Mon-Fri instead of once every two hours.


There are less than two month until UltimateBet-Aruba. WooHoo! I can't wait to drink Iguanas...a tropical mixture, heavy on the rum, with just enough Midori to make it about the same shade as the real iguana below.

Here's to tropical breezes 3,236 miles from Las Vegas.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares