Friday, August 25, 2006

Remember the Golden Rule.

I found this license plate to be amusing. It looks like the EO Queen can still afford a Mercedes despite taking the EO at every available opportunity.

Lately I have been the opposite of the EO King. It's resulted in a lot of breaks and even a dead spread or two but last week I worked 8, 7.5, 9, 8 and 5 hours. The second 8 hour day last week was particularly brutal. Deal table 2, break, deal table 3, break, deal table 4, break, sit dead on 5, break, deal table 8, break.....repeat.

Several players who get around to many different rooms have commented that it is very slow everywhere. There are many theories. The common denominator is that there are too many rooms/tables in town. The next most popular theory is that a lot of players are broke from the WSOP. I don't have the answer.


This cloud formation confronted me as I exited Target on Wednesday night. It was more impressive than the picture would indicate.

I hadn't played any internet poker for months. Recently I received an email from Party Poker telling me that they had deposited $40. I played a sit and go and took 1st. It helped that I had AA twice and they held up each time...... including the final hand. I guess I'll try to play at least one per day for the next few days to see how it goes.

The outrage at Wynn continues to be a hot topic on the Dealer's Lounge. As expected, it looks like Steevie did his research and determined that his decision was on solid legal footing. I am still having trouble believing that being legal makes it "right".

An online search of the Las Vegas Review Journal site today shows that this story is already beginning to fade. The only reference that I can find to the story today is in the form of letters to the editor. None of the comments are favorable to Wynn, but I would guess that he is happy that it's no longer worthy of a full-fledged story.

Remember the Golden Rule. Them that have the gold make the rules.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares