Sunday, August 13, 2006

Crime and Punishment

Today I'm dealing a $2-4 limit game. One of our regular $4-8 players joins the game while waiting for a $4-8 seat. Said player hasn't tipped me at all for several months. I really hadn't given it too much thought. I've given up on trying to figure people out.

In any case I push her a relatively large pot. She hesitates for a split second and then tosses a dollar toward me while saying "As much as I hate to".

Hmmm, how to respond beyond simply saying thank you?

Me: Oh, that's nice.
Me: What did I ever do to you?
Player: I have a short (I think she meant long, but she said short) memory.
Me: ????????????????????????
Player: You snapped at me.
Me: "Players name" don't you think that is a little out of character for me?
Player: Yes.

I left it at that.

I have my doubts that I ever "snapped" at her. About the only time I really raise my voice while in the box is when I am stating "time" or "hold on a minute, please" while I am trying to stop the dominoes from falling after someone has acted out of turn and it starts to snowball from there. If I don't stop the action as soon as possible it can get ugly and complicated.

Who knows what the circumstances were on that fateful day when I supposedly dissed her, but......I guess she showed me.

Sigh.

*****

Today was my first day of "8 hours, hell or high water" campaign.
It wasn't pretty.
I dealt a 7 ball and then we played up and down.
Feast or famine.

At one point we had 10 dealers and 5 games. Here is what our line up looked like. Obviously there were no games on tables 1,4,6,7,10.

Me thinks it will get worse before it gets better..............

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares