Sunday, December 31, 2006

Out With The Old

Not much to write lately.
I started this one on 12/31 way back in 2006.

From December 2005:

My resolutions were:
1) No Slots 2006
2) Drop 20 pounds
3) See at least six shows in 2006. O, Elton, etc.

In retrospect:
1) Failed miserably.
2) Dropped 13 pounds.
3) Fell considerably short.

For 2007 I only have one:
1) Drop 20 pounds

2006 was a monumental year for me if for no other reason than I now have a mortgage payment. For the vast majority you this is old hat. Not so much for me. I'm not at all sorry but it took me some time to convince myself that I didn't make a huge mistake.............

I visited Alaska and Aruba (again) with a Maryland and Florida trip thrown in for good measure. All in all it's was a good year.

********

I gathered my parents from the airport today. They'll be here for 7 nights. This is the longest that they have ever stayed in Las Vegas. There isn't a whole lot on the agenda except for Cirque du Soleil's O and Ka. I have high hopes that they will enjoy them as much as they did Mystere last year. (and if I duplicated my 6 show resolution for 2007 I'd have knocked off 33% of that in two days)

*********

I don't know what to say about Linda's NYE report except that YES, I was hammered. The Dom gave me a bastard of a headache the next day and I had to work. It took me about 4 downs to start to feel normal again.

*********
Well it only took ONE day for the free roll rules to change.

Can you even effing believe it?
Granted, the rule change is beneficial to the player, but come on.

You spend MONTHS nuturing this thing to fruition and in only one day you decide that the rules need amended?

Unbelievable.

Said rule change:
Once 10 players accumulate 500 hours they will be given 7 days notice to participate in a preliminary shootout.
Each "shootout" table will advance TWO players to the semi-finals instead of only one.

*****
On January 1st we changed to full blinds in our $4-8 limit game. In the few days that this has been in effect I've noticed a huge increase in "action". That's hard to believe since our $4-8 have a reputation of looseness....but with the full blinds it's been crazy.

Hold on to your hats, folks.
Word is that a small handfull of players have complained about the increased blinds. In any case, I was told that "we may change back to half-blinds".

All I can do is sigh the mother of all sighs.

And in case I've not mentioned it, I don't like it at all when rules are changed, changed back, changed again and then possibly changed again. Yes, sometimes change is quite necessary. However, think it through, make sure the change is sound, change it and move on.
This flip flopping is not good for anyone involved.

******

Lost Turtle !
Lynn came in without Murphy.
I inquired about my namesake.
It's LOST.
More likely stolen by an unsavory poker player...........

I may offer a reward for his safe return.

*********

It looks like the Foxwoods protest was a huge failure.

*********

The Wynn War continues in a big way.

The NLRB threw their hat into the ring by filing a complaint again Wynn LV.

And then Mr. Wynn sues the two dealers who originally filed suit.

Vindictive?

Spiteful?

Decide for yourself. I've already made up my mind.

Happy New Year Steve.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares