Monday, November 27, 2006

Quad City

On Saturday I started my day by planting my ass in the zero seat on table 8. It was a $5-10 blind NLH game. We don't have a 5-10 NL every day so I was almost looking forward to a slight change of pace. As soon as I sat down the 6s (who aparently had missed his medication that day) informed me that the first dollar of rake was being taken on $40 and not $20. Of course the game plaque didn't jive with what he was telling me. I asked and was informed that non-medicated was correct. I absolutely HATE it when the players are the ones to tell me (correctly) what's up. There weren't many pots that didn't make it to the full $4 rake so it didn't make a whole lot of difference to the bottom line.

Within the first 20 minutes of my down I had dealt THREE high hand jackpots. All were quads. In order to qualify for the instant high hand for quads, you must have a pocket pair with the other two on the board. Two of these hands were back to back.

I don't think that in my three years of dealing I have done this before.

About an hour later while dealing a $2-4 limit game I did it again with quads, but there was only $8 in the pot. We require a minimum of $12 in called bets for the high hand payout so that player was SOL.

*****

I still hold out hope that the Freeroll will happen. Not a whole lot of hope, but there is a chance.
I don't think that we should let this one pass us by, but I don't have a say in the matter.

*****
I'd like to thank Michelle for inviting me into her home for Thanksgiving again this year.
When I first moved to Las Vegas I rented a room in a large home. Michelle was one of the other roommates on the commune. She jokes that she only invites me so that I'll cook. And cook we did. Turkey, Ham and all the trimmings. Good food and good friends made being 3,000 miles from home for Thanksgiving a little better.
Thanks Michelle!!

Cody is married to Michelle's daughter Nikki. When I moved here Cody was in the Marines. In the three years that I have known him he spent two "tours" in Iraq. When you know someone who's in the thick of it you watch the news a little more closely. He lived through it and is now out of the service and living in Las Vegas. Cody, thanks for serving, but I'm glad you're done with it.




I'll soon be heading to Florida to meet the family at Disney. David has never been there so it should be a ton of fun. Although I've been there twice, I know that when I walk down Main Street I'll feel like a little kid again. Ol' Walt did it right. I'm looking forward to it.

******


When I saw the bubble blower I immediately thought of Linda. When she is blowing bubbles, she, too, tends to make you feel young again.
Thanks Linda!











David and Santa. He still believes.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares