Thursday, December 21, 2006

And the Turtle was Named Murphy

The river card has already been placed.
It's 4 way action with the 2s and 3s being strangers while the 7s and 9s are regulars who play nearly every day. The 2s and 3s check. The 7s bets $4. The 9s calls the $4. While I am waiting on the 2s to act I notice that the 7s and 9s are showing each other their cards. I loudly tell them that they can't do that! The 7s says that he already put his money in the pot, so why not? I reply "what if the 2s or 3s raise? Well did anyone raise asks the 7s. Sigh.

I can almost tolerate major breaches of etiquette from novice players. At least with the newbies I have a small chance of educating them. It's the players who play every day and still don't respect the game (or me for that matter) that drive me insane.

*****

On Tuesday I was honored in a small way. I've been dealing to Lynn for over three years. On Tuesday she had a new card protector. It was a lavish turtle decorated with brilliant rhinestones. Several people at the table commented on it and asked if they could see and fondle it. It was passed around the table and then found it's way back to Lynn. She lost the next few pots that she was involved in. Lynn stated that the turtle must not like to be handled by so many people and that explained her losing the pots. A few hands later she announced that she was naming the turtle "Murphy". I suppose I'm honored.

****
Table Image....or the Big Bluff?

Chew on this for a little while.

It is taken from the Treaty of Tripoli 1796-97

Keep in mind that this was written while George Washington was still the Potus.

Art. 11. As the Government of the United States of America is not, in any sense, founded on the Christian religion; as it has in itself no character of enmity against the laws, religion, or tranquillity, of Mussulmen; and, as the said States never entered into any war, or act of hostility against any Mahometan nation, it is declared by the parties, that no pretext arising from religious opinions, shall ever produce an interruption of the harmony existing between the two countries.

*****

You can no longer have food delivered to the poker room at the Palms.

The official reason given for the discontinuation of roomservice deliveries to the poker room is that the food would have to be transported through a smoking area. You see, the wise voters of Nevada passed a tough new anti-smoking measure. The problem is that the measure was poorly written. Bars will have to choose between selling food and allowing their patrons to smoke. With the new law you can't have both. There is much debate and there is even a temporary restraining order keeping the measure from being enacted in Clark County.

****

I finally acquired a copy of the rules for the freeroll that starts on January 1. The problem is that I left them in my pants pocket and the rules went through the wash. I'll try to pick up another copy while at work today. I'll post the rules asap.

Speaking of freerolls.....

Scott has reported a freeroll at the Flamingo.

Binions is having a totally free freeroll for the first 600 or so people who show up. I heard this on the radio and I can't remember who is sponsoring it. I think it was for $10,000

I received a post card announcing a freeroll at Monte Carlo. It requires 40 hours of play before February 28th. Total prize pool is $100,000 and it will be held March 2-4, 2007.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares