Wednesday, January 10, 2007

The Parental Visit






So far the visit with the folks is going great.

The only slight disappointment so far is that Ka is dark until January 21. I had access to free tickets, but the cast didn't cooperate. I guess they deserve a vacation. That and the fact that the Xmas decoration are gone from Bellagio and the Chinese New Year decorations are not yet complete. I will say that it is interesting to see the conservatory nearly empty. We stopped by there today to pick up the O tickets. We'll note the progress Wednesday night when we return for the O performance.

For the life of me I can't remember what we did on Saturday night. I know that we went directly from the airport to Ellis Island for their never ending steak special. It was good as usual and for $4.95 I think it's the best steak special in town.

Sunday found us heading to the Palms Buffet before I had to work (4 hours and out, baby). I hadn't eaten there for at least a year because I didn't think it was too appetizing. As it turns out there has been a drastic improvement and their Sunday Brunch was very good.

Monday we again headed to the Palms a few hours before I was to work and this time we hit the coffee shop. The steak and eggs were passable and mom claims her turkey sandwhich was good. I checked in with Mary the shift supervisor. Only three games spread. Ah, an opportunity for a "no-time". I took it.

With an unexpected free afternoon we headed to Red Rock Canyon. Mom and Dad had never been there and I'd almost forgotten how spectacular the scenery is.
Here they are:














And here are some Red Rock Vistas:
















Today we headed back to Ellis Island for more steak. Hey, it's not N9ne, but for $5........
N9ne comes later in the week.

We then headed north to the Las Vegas Motor Speedway. It's not someplace I would have ever gone by myself and it's actually sort of interesting.

We then hit the Wax Museum at the Venetian. Again, something I had never done before. I'd say that 90% of the statues are excellent and the eyes have a strange way of following you around the rooms. Check it out the next time you are in town.

So far it's been quite a relaxing visit. With a whole week we're not rushing to cram everying into a few days which is nice.

I'm not sure I can ever again entice mom away from her grandson for and extended period of time. He's so damn cute I can understand why.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares