Tuesday, April 05, 2005

My ass, it is a draggin'

Allergies are playing havoc with me. Yesterday I fell asleep on the couch a few hours before I was supposed to be at work. The medicine seemed to only accomplish making me sleep, it didn't do much for the congestion and sneezing... The phone rang at 2PM. I was supposed to be at work at 2pm. Whoops! I have not been late for work since February 2004. I'll have to be on time for the next 6 month to work off that "point".
Once I got to work, I was still miserable. Still am for that matter.

In the line-up I followed one of our, how shall I say this, less accomplished dealers. When I pushed into table 8 and dealt my first hand, one of the regulars, with a straight face, asked me why I dealt his cards directly in front of him. Being a little slow on the uptake, I thought that he was giving me shit, soI told him that I would try harder on the next deal. He started laughing and said that with the last dealer he had to receive his cards with a catchers mitt on one hand and a jai alai cesta on the other. Funny as hell, but sad too. Later in the shift as I was waiting to push into table 4 (no shuffle master on this table and pushing the same dealer, of course) I looked down and saw the duece of hearts laying face up on the ground. The red deck was in play and I couldn't see what color the duece was. I casually bent down and picked it up and sure enough it was also red. Once in the box I counted down the deck. Including the 2h there were 52 cards. Gives new meaning to playing without a full deck, huh? I asked for a set up.
My first time through table 5 found me dealing to Mike. Super nice guy, but he never seems to do well while I am in the box. It has become a running joke. When I sit down in his game, I tell him to do himself a favor and take a walk while I am dealing. He stayed in the game and the curse continued. After he got snapped off a few times, he finally DID take a walk.....out to the dreaded machines. When I left the game his seat was still empty. On my next break he came up to me and tried to give me $10. He hit a maching for $700 and thanked me for driving him away from the table. I laughed and told him to keep the $10, that eventually I would give him a hand that held up and he could toke me $10 then. Toward the end of my shift I again sat at table 5 and dealt to Mike. Amazingly I did push him a decent pot and he gave me $5. Sweet.
In our room, on Sundays and Mondays from 4-11PM, names are drawn randomly from all players who have swiped in with their players cards. The names drawn win between $100 and $500 dollars. As my down on table 5 was nearing an end, Mike's name was drawn and he won $300. He started hysterically laughing and said that I was his good luck charm. As I left the box, Mike toked me that $10. Again, SWEET!
On table 6 I dealt to Neal who I have not seen in our room for several months. Neal is someone else who does not seem to do well with me in the box. He was one of the first players that I ever dealt to. I even asked him for advice at the beginning of me dealing adventure. Well after snapping him off a few times he commented that I ALWAYS kill him when I am dealing. I whispered out of the corner of my mouth that it did seem to work out that way, but believe me Neal, if I had any control, there were a lot of players that I would choose to torment in front of him. He laughed and started telling me to cut the cards better. Funny.

**********
We have a new dealer in our room. Welcome Gordy! He used to work at Texas Station.
**********

We have started spreading $5-$10 blind NLH with a minimum buy of $500 and a max buy of $1500. It has gone over well and looks to be there to stay. The $10 and $25 blind NLH (time rake) is also spread occasionally, usually on the weekends. We have recently changed our rake structure on the $2-5 blind NLH as well as the $5-10 blind. We now take the 4th dollar on $120 instead of $150. This has some of the regulars in a small tizzy.

Celebrity Poker is back at the Palms to film another episode. It is always interesting when some of the celebrities who are here for the filming venture into the live games. Wonder who I will deal to in the next few days. If you would like to see the live filming, free passes are available at the Club Palms booth as well as in the poker room. First come first served on the passes.

As a side note, if you have ever watched Celebrity Poker and seen the clip where they run down the rules/how the game is played.......when the player goes all in and then flips over the K and Q for a full house........THOSE ARE MY HANDS!! lol I'm a hand model rofl.

********
The condo saga is slowly coming to an end. Everything is moved and in place. I got the correct dining chairs on Saturday as well as a new sofa and love seat. Now all I need to do is get a love seated on the damn thing lol. The fridge and cupboards are starting to fill. Still need to get a bed for the guest room as well as a vacuum cleaner. Hopefull this weekend.
*********
Tired, so tired.
Maybe I'll go lay of the couch for a little while before going to work.....................NOT!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares