Wednesday, December 14, 2005

One wild poker game.

Before I get to the fun and festivities, let me relate two unpleasant incidents from the last few days. The first occurred as I planted my ass in the box of a NLH game on table 7. The two guys in the 9 & 10 seats were speaking German between hands with one of our regular player who was standing behind them. I had never seen the 9&10 seats before. On the first hand that I dealt, the 10s discarded his hand in front of the 8 seat. My muck was only inches away from his hand, but for whatever reason, he felt it necessary to "muck" his hand two feet from the muck pile. I'm sorry, but I see absolutely NO reason for this. My only conclusion is that he is a complete ass. What purpose can it serve? Is this part of his "table image"?? Fortunately I have a pretty wide wingspan and I can reach nearly all areas of the table with little effort. By the end of my down he was mucking his hands in a more normal manner. Go figure.
Yesterday as I was waiting to push into the box on table 8, I rested my left hand on the back of 1s chair. He shot me a truly evil stare and made it clear that he didn't want me to touch "his" chair. I can't help but pity people like this. With negativity and pure evil oozing from their every pore it must suck to be them. As Olivia was gathering the cards and preparing to exit the box, she told me that the "Gentleman" in the 1s liked his cards to land either here or here as she pointed to two imaginary points on the felt. "He doesn't like them anywhere else but here or here" as she again pointed to two spots on the felt. No problem, he'll get them where he likes them.
******

The Palms Employee Holiday Party was held last night inside RAIN nightclub. Everything from sushi to prime rib and lots of good stuff in between. When we checked in, we were given three drink tickets. Those tickets didn't last long. The booze was flowing and it didn't take long for a bunch of drunk poker dealers to descend upon the poker room. We plopped down around an empty table and asked for a dealer. The game was extremely loose with lots of live straddles, dead straddles, raises and re-raises galore. The working dealers were well taken care of for putting up with our antics. The coctail waitress recruited a security guard to help carry her burden of shots and backs. We really needed a waitress dedicated to just our table and not the entire poker room. I haven't had that much fun playing poker for a long time. Win or lose. And after being up about $200, I ultimately lost. About 4AM I finally gave up and headed for home.
KK is evil. I had KK 5 times and they only won once.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares