Friday, January 06, 2006

Stick around long enough.......

and you will see it all.
Tonight I pushed into a $2-5 blind NLH game. Along about the second hand the 1s and 2s went to war. It got to heads-up pre-flop with a pot of about $600. On the flop, the 1s bet $100 and the 2s went all-in. The 1s thought about it for about 2 seconds and called. I burned and turned the turn and river....The 2s showed 6-4 off. There was a 4 on the flop and a 6 on the river. I don't know how much either player had in front of them, but I would guess that the 1s had the 2s seat covered, with aroudn $150 extra. I would estimate that the 2s had gone all-in for about $600. When the 1s saw that the 2s had two pair, he flung his cards. One of them ended up in the muck and the other one landed in front of the 8s. No big deal, so far. I then took the $100 that the 1s had bet (no other chips had been moved forward as the all-in and the call were both verbal) and started to place it on top of his other stacks in an effort to "match stacks" and pay off the 2s. The 1s erupted and SHOVED ALL of his chips toward the 2s. Some of the chips ended up on the floor, some of them mingled with the stacks of the 2s and some of them mixed with the pre-flop pot. The 1s then bolted from the room. I immediately called for the floor person. There was absolutely NO WAY to determine which chips originally belonged to which player. Since the 1s had bolted, the floor ruled that the 1s had abandoned his chips and that the 2s got all of the chips.
My guess would be that the 1s had AA. I don't think that I have ever been more tempted to peek at a mucked hand. Of course, I restrained myself.....
*****
Do you think that this guy enjoyed his visit to Las Vegas?

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares