Sunday, May 28, 2006

Shut Up and Play

We've always had some pretty strong promotions.

We've added more.

WSOP seats:
Play 48 hours between now and July 9th and you will be eligible to win one of two $10,000 WSOP seats. I think it works like this. You get one electronic entry (you must play with a players card and the computer keeps track) for every 8 hours of play. None of the entries become active until you have accumulated at least 48 hours so once you have reached 48 hours you have 6 entries. Additional 8 hour blocks result in another entry. There will be a second drawing on, I believe, July 23rd. You must be present at the drawings to win. Each drawing will also award $1,000 and $500 prizes. Too bad Palms employees are not eligible.

Aces Cracked:
We are going to start spreading $55 buy in tournaments in the morning. If your aces are cracked Monday through Friday (I think these are the correct days) you get a free entry into the $55 tournament. You must use your entry within 3 day. The free entry is transferrable so I assume that you can also sell it.


Splash the Pot:
At random times, once an hour I think, the computer will pick a table. Before the next hand is dealt $5o will be dumped on the table. Let the 10 handed action begin! These should be fun hands to deal.

Our high hand (Quads & Straight Flushes) promotions continue. You still earn $1 per hour of play towards comps. 10 hour per day max. These comps have always been good for food or the movie theatres. Now they can also be used in the gift shop. You can redeem up to $100 of these comps per day.
Additionally you can earn double comps if you play between 3 and 11AM.

I think our long running Diamond Flush promotion comes to an end on May 31st.

Make sure to say hello when you come to play.

On either last Wednesday or Thursday the new tables were delivered. They are identical to the tables in our no limit room. They have the "race trace" of Corian around them making it easier to stack your chips. I have some small issues with these tables. First of all the rail is basically level with the playing surface. When dealing, you have to be really careful not to sail the cards off of the table. If every player was paying attention and ready to receive and protect their cards this would not be an issue. They're not, so it is. Additionally, these tables don't have a drink holder built into the rail. I'm told replacement rails, with cup holders, will be coming soon.

On Friday one of our regular players, Jesse, was wearing a T-shirt that I loved. It simply said "Shut up and Play!" I told him I wanted one. He said it wan't what I thought it was. It was advertising some store for musicians. I don't care what it's original message was....it relates perfectly to poker. Everytime a player blurts out "Shut up and Deal" I bite my tongue and think don't worry about ME. Why don't YOU just SHUT UP AND PLAY. Amen.

Today (Sunday) I'm dealing on table 6. My old "pal" the rarely-tokes-me-dealer from a house on the strip is in the 3s. This is the first time that she has played since we got out new tables. I don't understand how the new tables make so much difference, but she says that with the new tables she can't see her cards without picking them way up off of the table. No big deal, really. Anywhoo, as she picks up her hand to look at it the 8s delclared that if the 3s lifted her hand that far off of the table again that he (8s) was going to call it a dead hand. I have no idea how he gathered the power to go from player to floorperson in 2.5 seconds, but in his mind he had this authority. She shot back at him that she couldn't see the cards.....she was old....etc etc. The 8s seemed to back off just a little. The 3s wins a pot. She tokes me $1. WOW Where did that come from? The 8s tells me that I should have dealt him a winner that hand. Had I done that I would have gotten a bigger toke. I mumble something about my having NO control over who wins the hand or some nonsense like that. The 3s then informs the 8s that the $1 she just gave me was the first toke I have gotten from her in 6 months. Damn. I just couldn't keep my mouth shut. I calmly told the 3s that, in fact, today was the second time this year that she had toked me $1. Aparently she had forgotten the one other time she gave me $1. I told her she must have been drunk the other time. For the record, I have never known her to drink while playing poker. Not sure why I said it, but I wanted her to know that I KNEW that she was breaking tradition by toking me.
I still can't figure her out and I guess I've given up trying.
She racked up and left, mumbling something about the new tables and how horrible they are.......
To be continued, I'm sure.....

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares