Monday, June 05, 2006

If I had a hammer.....

.....and I could find the person responsible for creating computer viruses I would put that hammer to good use.....bashing in their skull and then using it for an ashtray.

Seriously, don't these people have anything better to do with their time?

Anti-virus programs typically work great unless you "invite" the evil in.
OK, I was doing something I shouldn't have been doing, but still......

I just finished a "quick" restore. Back to ground zero. I did manage to pull a hard drive out of an old computer, install it in the current computer and move some important stuff (like 500 or so song downloads) before the restore so it was relatively painless. Just a huge waste of time and energy.

*****

I did end up playing poker, if only briefly, on Thursday night. I played for 35 minutes, won $70, cashed out and headed home. Hit and run.

Friday and Saturday were fairly busy at work. I even worked 8 hours on Friday. Sunday was moderately busy but Monday was s.l.o.w again. I took the EO after 3.5 hours because the computer restoration project was weighing on my mind. Now that I've completed that project I will have to think up another excuse to EO on Tuesday...... I'm sure I can think of something.

***As it turns out, I didn't work at all on Tuesday. I just got out of bed from a 34 hour slumber interrupted only by trips to the bathroom. Not sure what I picked up, but it was not good. I called Robert two hours before I was to be at work and asked him about the possibility of not coming to work. He said it was slow and that I could take the day off. I did, thankfully.
The only good news is that I lost 5 pounds.***



Monday at 8:00AM the quarters were removed from the poker tables at the Palms. Previously we took 10% rake in 25 cent increments up to a max of $3. We took 50 cents on $10 and another 50 cents on $20 for the jack pot drop. We now take $1 JP drop on $12 and a straight 10% in $1 increments for the house rake. This seems like a benefit to the players since before on a $9 pot we took 75 cents for the house where now we don't rake it at all.
While I was dealing a $2-4 game today the player's conversation was about the absence of quarters. One player observed that where he may have previously toked 50 cents on an $8 pot he couldn't justify a $1 toke now. Another player reminded him that previously, on that $8 pot his "gross" take would have been $7.25 (75 cent house rake). If he toked 50 cents, his "net" was $6.75. Under the current structure if he won an $8 pot his "gross" take is $8. If he tokes $1 his "net" is $7. He is 25 cents better off if he toked twice as much as he previously would have. I think a light went on somewhere in his head. At least I HOPE it did. Thankfully there are some players who "get-it" and are not afraid to spread the knowledge around. (Thank you Betty!)
It will be interesting to see how this plays out and how it affects the ole toke box.


An interesting situation presented itself on Monday. I was dealing a $2-4 limit game. It was 3 way action and I burned and turned after only 2 of the players had acted. I have not done this for a long time. I knew what needed to happen and so did the players. I got lazy and did not call the floor. Bingo. High hand jackpot. The player got $116 because I screwed up. Go figure.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares