Monday, June 12, 2006

Welcome Home

Thursday found me feeling like a new person after the stay-in-bed episode. I headed out with a handfull of free play/free suff coupons.
Note: It's June 12th and I have not put a penny of my own money into a machine this month. So far so good.
First stop: Tuscany.
I had hit the keno machines there pretty hard after the Saturday Night Card Party a few weeks back. This little foray led to them sending me $40 worth of free play valid three times this month. I played the first free play and cashed out a little more than $20.
On my way in I noticed that their poker room had one three handed game going.
I hit their coffee shop for the 1/4 pound burger and fries special. Price? A whopping $2.50. It wasn't half bad.
By the time I finished eating the poker room was dark with a dealer sitting a dead spread. Yikes.

Off to the Hard Rock for $10 in free slot play and a free $25 tables games bet. I hit the machines first. Betti the Yetti. Yes, that is the name of a slot machine. Incredibly I hit the bonus six times and had $160 in credit. Cash out? Not yet. I turned the $160 into $50 and threw in the towel. I wandered to a $25 min BJ table and layed my coupon on the table. An ace and a ten appeared. Alrighty then, +$75

Next stop Hilton. There I picked up a free CD carry case. Pretty nice for a freebie. The poker room there had two red chip games in progress. My guess would be that they were both low limit NL. I didn't ask.

Finally Palms for $20 in free play. I turned that $20 into nothing and headed to the poker room. I jumped into a $4-6 limit game, played for an hour and cashed out $53 to the good.

Not a bad way to kill a day off.

The poker win has me sitting at 11 wins in 12 outings. The poker gods have been smiling. I dread when that smile turns into rage. It will happen sooner or later. I vote for later.....much later.

Friday night after work I met Linda at the Tropicana. The Trop is an aging property to say the least. It has history, which I can appreciate, but it needs a face lift or an implosion. She was in a NL game. I may be the only person who has let the NL craze sail right by me. Sure, I've played it a few times, but it isn't my favorite game. She racked up and we went looking for food.

We landed at Hooters. The last time I ate there it was in the "hooters" restaurant. Fried wings and fried shrimp. Food poisoning, or something approaching it took it's toll and I vowed never to eat there again. This time we chose the coffee shop.

The waitress introduced herself. It was to be an interesting experience. When she took our drink orders I ordered water and a diet soda.....in separate glasses, please. She looked at me like I was from another planet and then light, a dim light, went on. Of course, she said. Linda ordered water and coffee with cream. She brought the soda and a black coffee. She asked Linda if she wanted cream. Linda said yes. She then asked Linda if she wanted the cream first, or the water first. Linda said cream. It came and then the waters came and then nothing came for about 45 minutes. During this interval the waitress tried to give us two empty plates--they were supposed to go to a neighboring table for their nachos. Then she tried to give us two plates of food--nope not what we ordered--try the next table. We started to get figity. The waitress went to "check" on the food. It came right out, but judging by the temp of the food my guess would be that it was ready 10-15 minutes ago. The place was not busy. There was no excuse.
When she did finally bring the food, she served me first. I just blurted out "You're serving ME first? There is a lady sitting here. She stated that mine was the first one she picked up. No kidding?
We're forgiving people so she still got a nice tip because she was nice. Not efficient, but still nice.

I could have had 4 orders of burgers and fries at Tuscany for the cost of one burger and fries at Hooters. The burger at Tuscany was as good or better than the Hooters burger.


The new promotions and tournaments begin today (Monday) at the Palms. With the tournament starting at 10 AM I am hopeful that it is finished or nearly finished by the time I hit the clock at 1PM.

Business has been picking up. It's amazing how many of our "old" players have found their way back to us. I don't blame them for trying out the new rooms. Hell, I've done that too.
Make yourself comfortable. I hope you can stay for a spell.
Welcome Home!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares