Wednesday, September 06, 2006

Home Sweet Home?

There is a wildfire burning in Red Rock Canyon. These shots were taken from my condo complex. The fire is approximately 15 miles west of here. According to KLAS TV 300 acres have burned.











Speaking of condo complexes, I spent the morning and afternoon looking at places for sale. I have been thinking about this for quite some time. With the lull in housing price inflation here in the LV Valley, maybe now is the time. I only looked at three places today and two of them were in the same complex. One was first floor and one was second floor. I can't even decide on up and down but I'm leaning toward down. I can't believe how exhausing this process threatens to be. I made a mistake today and didn't tote my camera. Of course I had a cell phone camera, but I didn't think to use it....until later.......
later when I stopped by the Tuscany for a bite to eat and to use $40 in free slot play. They sure know how to get a sucker to come play in their house, just offer him $40 "free". Well today I invested substantially more than the "free" $40. Stubbornness finally paid off to the tune of........















My first jackpot since April 3rd. It was a long, long dry spell.


The Palms appropriately paid tribute to a native son.

Yes, thank you Andre.










On the poker front, we've discontinued several promotions.
The splash the pot promotion ended on 9/4 as did the "no juice" morning tournaments. I honestly believe that these tournaments were the best deal in town. Of course the tournaments were never marketed as "no juice" but effectively that is exactly what they were. For every 10 players the Palms added $150 to the prize pool. The "juice" was $15 per person. Figure it out guys. The tournaments are to be restructured, but I have no idea who/what/when.

A new promotion involves getting a "football square" for any faces full or better. One hole card must play and the hand must go to a showdown. You can choose either the Sunday or Monday night game. Once 200 blocks are full I guess you are SOL until the next week. $150 will be given away at the end of each quarter. If the "winner" is not present, the $150 will be carried over to the next week for the same night of the week and quarter for a progressive pay out.

Also during the games every time a team scores we will draw a table/seat # and give away hats/polos/jackets.

In previous years during football season every time a team scored we drew table/seat for $100, $200, $300 or $500. That promotion was wildly popular. I'll let you all know how the new football promotion stacks up.

The potential BIG promotion is still in the negotiation phase. If it comes to fruition you'll be the second to know. I have high hopes for this one!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares