Monday, October 09, 2006

What can Brown do for me?


Not leave a fricking 5 figure check under the door mat, that's what.

Before leaving for Aruba I called the stock broker and had him sell enough shares to cover my down payment.

That was over two weeks ago.

I was starting to get a little nervous since I hadn't gotten the check and I am to close in three days.

Tonight upon returning home after work, for no aparent reason, I kicked the door mat about an inch in order to straighten it out. The corner of a wet and dirty "Extremely Urgent" envelope peaked out. Who knows how long it's been there.

Bingo, there was my check.

Idiots.

*******

It's almost comical how easy it would be get fired for calling a trifling bitch a trifling bitch. One of these days my thoughts will escape from my mouth and I'll be toast. Really, where do some of these people come from........and why do they always end up at my table?

*******

Today I had a player proclaim that I would never, ever, as long as he lived, receive another tip from him.
My response? Do what you have to do.

*******

I'm dealing a NL game. The pot is of a decent size. It's heads up and there is a bet, a raise, a re-raise all in......
It's taking forever for the player to decide what to do. In these situations when it is more than obvious that the player knows that the action is with him I say NOTHING and do NOTHING. I just sit there. If it takes until the end of my down, so be it. Nada, nope, I'm not saying a word unless a player calls for a clock.
During the thinking process a player who was not involved says to me "Do something". I called for the floor and asked for a clock while indicating which player had made the request. The player who said "do something" then says that he didn't ask for a clock.
What else am I to do? I either sit there patiently or call for a clock. There is no other option. I guess I could file my nails ala Misses Wiggins on the Carol Burnette show. I interpreted your "do something" to mean you wanted a clock. The other option is to shut your pie hole and realize that in this particular instance the whole effing world was NOT revolving around you.

Other than these few minor annoyances, I had a great day.

I hope you did too.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares