Thursday, April 14, 2005

Desperately searching for............

THE PANIC BUTTON.
If I could find the damn thing, it would have already been pushed.
I can't find ANY tax related documents. W2s W2-G Interest statements etc etc etc etc.
It is now 4/14. I have one day left to find them as they have been "lost in the move". Do you think the IRS will understand that I just moved and I have not a clue where else to look for the paperwork? I guess I'll just write them a big check and send it in with the extention request. That will give me a couple of months to find everything that I need to do my taxes. Next year I'll file them in February! Yeah right.....this is par for my course.

On a much more serious note, one of our regular players died suddenly on April 1. We did not learn of this until this week. Someone (another one of our players) finally made a phone call to see where he had been.........whoops. Whitey had been a regular in our room since it opened. He was one of the first players that I ever dealt to. In talking with one of the floormen after we learned the news, he said that Whitey had been playing in our room for 3 years and he had never really gotten to know him outside of poker. Towards the end of March the floorman and Whitey stepped out of the poker room and talked for about an hour and learned a little about each other.....makes you wonder....
That got me to thinking about the last time I had seen Whitey. He was playing $4-8 on table 3 and had a huge pile of about $800 in chips in front of him. I asked if he was on the rush of a lifetime (this was $4-8 remember) or if he had hit a couple of high hand jackpots? No jackpots, just on an amazing rush. Makes you wonder...........

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares