Tuesday, April 19, 2005

Murph, can you put a clock on me??

This one was a first! I'm dealing a $2-5 blind NLH game. About half way through my down, Josh, the 7s makes it $50, fold fold etc...the 2s goes all in for about $260. fold fold etc back to Josh. Josh, with his sunglasses and IPOD goes into the think tank. Actually, he is thinking out loud. Verbally, he goes through all of the possible hands. Over and over again. No one says a word. I've gotten used to these long periods of soul searching and usually I take advantage of the situation and use the time to straighten my rack and do a quick rack count. Josh finally asks, "Murph, can you put a clock on me?" WHAT? I chuckle. How long do you want? 25 seconds he says. As I wear my watch on my left wrist and also hold the deck in my left hand, I had to switch the deck to my right hand as I counted down the 25 seconds. With about 2 seconds left, Josh folded. Hysterical.....or maybe you just had to be there. As I was doing the countdown, I kept wondering what I was going to do if I hit zero and Josh had not yet acted. What would he have done had I reached out and killed his hand when the clock struck zero?
I love my job!
**************
As I was on break, Elliott wandered into the room. I met Elliott on the poker cruise I worked in February. He deals poker at the Reno Hilton. I know that my boss has tried to convince Elliott to come to LV to deal. As far as I know, he is content in Reno. In any case, my break got cut short and I had to go start a game on table 2. I would have like to have spent more time talking with Elliott, but poker waits for no man.....or woman.................
**************
Ashley had stepped out for a minute and left me "in charge" of the no limit room. The phone rings.
Me:Palms Poker Room, how can I help you?
Caller: Is Ken there?
Me:NO, Ken is off today.
Caller:Is this Murph?
Me:Yes it is.
Caller:Murph, it's Said, I'm flying in tomorrow (from Toledo)and can't find a room. Can you help?
Me:If you buy me a matress and box springs for my guest room, you can stay at my place.
Caller: I'll keep calling other hotels and let you know.

Well shit, I thought that it was a GREAT offer. lol
************

Almost daily I deal to people who want to deal poker. What are they waiting for? Now is the time. Strike while the iron is hot.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares