Sunday, January 08, 2006

Where do these people come from?

And I ask that in the most compassionate way possible.
While dealing this afternoon I was asked two bizarre questions by the same person. The 6s in a must move $2-5 blind NLH game asked if I "took my own tips from the pot". What I wanted to say was HELL YES, I do. Do you think taking $10 from each pot is enough or should I take more for myself? What I actually said was "absolutely not". Shortly before my down ended, the 6s was moved to one of the main games. About 5 minutes later I was again seated across from him. This time his question was....(please swallow any liquid you may have in your mouth NOW) what hand has a higher value, a flush or a straight? He was dead effing serious and you should have seen the looks on the faces of the other players as I explained hand rankings to him. In typical fashion, this guy was winning. Chalk it up to beginners' luck I suppose.

****

Later in the day I was making small talk with a player in the 10s of a $2-4 limit game. He mentioned that he was from Montana and I stated that I had a great friend named Linda who used to tend bar/deal/manage the game at the Oxford in Missoula. He said that he knew Linda. I have my doubts that he was old enough to have played there during her tenure. Maybe there have been several Lindas who have dealt there. In any case, in my next game, the lady in the 1s was talking to another player and she mentioned that she was from Montana. I asked her if she was with the 10s on table 1. She said that she was. I again related that my friend had worked at the Ox. The lady stated that she had never played at the Ox because "the Oxford is too scary and rough for me". I chuckled to myself and thought...yep, that's my Linda. Tough as nails and soft as velvet. Not a bad combination. Maybe that's why I love her.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home

Site Meter Listed on BlogShares